THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

schmidt & bender summit experience/quality??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
do any of you have experience with the 1" tube schmidt & bender scopes? or just know anything about them in the real world?

their 30mm scopes are my favorite, but i know nothing about the 1" S&B's

thanks for any help you can give me

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them and like them quite a bit. I think they are optically better than the Z3 Swarovski 3-10x42 and worth the marginally higher price, larger size and weight.

Posts: 232 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marc:

Have used the Summit with the #8 reticle. Quality scope, the glass looked as good as the 30mm S&Bs. Am not a fan of the wide duplex type reticle for whitetail and this was no exception. For that prefer the excellent A4 reticle. They aren't blessed with an abundance of elevation adjustment and when moved to a Ruger 10/22 target I had to use a 15 MOA rail. Maybe the newer ones have more adjustment--don't know. A Summit with a A4 would be right at the top of the heap for a 1" set and forget type scope for me out of the current stuff offered.
fwiw,
tom

Posts: 151 | Location: MI | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents:

fwiw, department...

Happened to snag a newer Summit with the A4. This second plane reticle is not the same as the A4 in the FFP scopes. It has posts more like the Swaro 2cd plane and a fine crosshair. The center is tighter than the center in the Summit's 7 or 8 reticle of course, but also wider that the Swaro. They may have changed it from the older scopes, but I don't know that.

Posts: 151 | Location: MI | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote