New
Find
Notify
Tools

widest field of view in variable?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd like to know which scope in the 1.5 through 10X variable range has the widest field of view. From the comparisons I have made not many seem to be better than around 10 meters at their maximum mignification.
Any input?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
From the comparisons I have made not many seem to be better than around 10 meters at their maximum mignification.
Any input?

A scope with a maximum magnification of 4X is not going to have the same field of view of as scope with max at 10X; it would be comparing apples and oranges.

For instance, the Swarovski Z6 series, which by the way are some of the only scopes with a 1 to 6 magnification ratio, will show decreasing field of view as the maximum magnification increases. The 1-6 scope will have a field of view at 100 meters of 42.5 meters at the minimum setting (1) and a field of view of 6.8 meters at the maximum setting (6). Just as an aside, I doubt if too many variables can do much better than that. But a 2-12 scope in the same Z6 series will yield 21 meters and 3.5 meters at min and max.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Swarovski Z6 has the widest field of view!!!

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote