Find
Notify
Tools

Sun Shades
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of arrccod
posted
I'm looking for a sun shade for a leupold 6x18 and 6.5x20 scope. The one scope came with a short one maybe 3-4 inches long. I'm looking for a longer one maybe 6 inches or longer. Where my range is this time of the year I'm shooting in to the sun, and thought a longer one would help. Any web site or names of Companies that sells they woud be appreicated!

Thanks,
Bill

Feared by all. Respected by none.

Posts: 28 | Location: Scranton,PA | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill,

You may have good luck putting a call into the Leupold Custom Shop. Also, try MidwayUSA.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,

A couple of more thoughts:

1. See if you can stack your existing sun shades by screwing one into another.

2. Use a piece of construction paper and role up to objective diameter and tape. You could make this about as long as you want it.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of arrccod
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.....I was rolling the paper up and taping it to the scope...kind of screws up the cool factor! Being I'm not that great of a shot.... when I go to the range being I don't shoot good...I have to look good! LOL!

Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just use one of your old targets where you've shot out the "X" ring Cool

One of Us
Picture of arrccod
posted Hide Post
X-ring shot out????? Is that why they sell paper punches in different diameters??? Razzer

Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep! And be sure to go back over those paper punch holes with something jagged around the edges so it looks like it was shot with a rail-gun Big Grin