THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Bushnell Command Post, any good or bad experiences

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Command Post, any good or bad experiences
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a mauser a few days ago and this scope was on it. Its a 6X scopechief 2I was thining of leaving it on the gun, first I thought I'd ask about it.

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
From my experience the older fixed power Bushnells with the command posts were quite tough. I know a couple of African PH's who used them on 458's for years. And that is tough duty for any scope.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Similarly, I bought a rifle that had a 3x Scopechief with a Command Post a short while back. It seems to be a well-made instrument with very acceptable optics and adequate resolution. The Command Post feature looks as if it would work quite nicely if you like to use a post. Looking back at some old catalogs, these sold for as much as contemporary Redfields and Leupolds.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scope that came with the mauser is in pretty decent shape. My Vari X 2 has more dings and nicks then the Bushnell.

Posts: 528 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote