THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Own and Shoot a Leupold VX-6 Yet?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of putting a Leupold VX-6 2-12 on the 416 Rem Mag but I have yet to see where anybody has received or shot one.

If you have, would you please add any comments for it as to qulaity and how you like it so far. It is still not on the Leupold site that I could find, although SWFA does have it listed.

Thanks.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you JG. Some good review work there too. I have been out a few days but I am going to se if they have any in stock and see if I too can get my hands on one of the VX-6.

While I truly like the Swaro's the price is just going through the roof, and the VX-6 has a lot going for it as well.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I still had an in at Leupold with the "family rate", I think I would order up a case of the 1-6 Illuminated Duplex and put them on almost every rifle I own and not look back!

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I am thinking of the 2-12 VX-6 Illuminated Recticle in the duplex myself. It appears that Leupold may be on another upswing. I had Leupold, then went to the Swarovskis. I did not think I would care for the illuminated recticle but I tried it out on a buddies Swarovski, who got that because he liked my Swaro's so go figure. I found that it was a good feature in the shadows so I am interested in this new VX-6.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I ordered one today so I should know soon enough how it compares to my Swaros.

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
The best high end scope Leupold has made at the cheapest price they have offered their top of the line scopes as well. They got this one right. I saw one yesterday. Can't think of anything I didn't like.

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pat. With so few out there I am buying it sight un-seen.

I hope my older eyes see it as well when it gets here. I have been Leupold, then mostly Swaro, and now some of both. I am surprised how easy my eye gets in position for the Swaros and I have to fiddle or move a bit more for the Leupys. These are VX3 and Ar scopes . I never had these problems when I was younger though.

Like most of us some of my most accurate rifles had Leupold. But they sometimes would have small problems with things like adjustments or moving the adjustments. But they have made improvements so I am looking forward to seeing this new VX-6.