New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problems getting Bushnell 6500?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got info from a friend that checked with the optic warehouse in UK that Bushnell 6500 series was back ordered and there was production-trouble that caused the delay..... The optic warehouse claimed that there was no info from Bushnell in the matter at the moment besides that there was production-trouble.

Anyone that have heard anything about this?

The bitter taste of poor quality stays in the mouth far longer than the sweet taste of the low price!

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of this problems. We have them all in stock.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Rumors abound in the optics industry -- just like everywhere else. I have no idea if what you say is true but have not heard of anything problematic with current production.

A couple years ago, a friend tried to buy a Zeiss Conquest at a Houston-area gun shop. The guy told him they were no longer being produced and that the one model they had left -- NOT what this guy wanted -- was all they'd ever be getting.

After some checking, I found that to be absolutely false. In fact, the only reason that particular store was not getting any more Zeiss scopes was because they were past due on an invoice from their distributor. So instead of the truth, he fabricated the tale to cover up the store's own problem.

Actually, what he said did have a kernel of truth in it: They certainly wouldn't have any more Zeiss products in the very near future... Big Grin

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great if it seems like a false rumor about the trouble involved getting a Bushnell 6500!

I´m planning to get one myself Cool

The bitter taste of poor quality stays in the mouth far longer than the sweet taste of the low price!

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ebay is the cheapest place to get them.

I once thought of getting a 6500.

What turned me off was the presence of advertised refurbs. If the design and manufacture are good, there should not be that many refurbs.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Refurbs do not mean anything was wrong with the scopes. In the case of Nikon, if a scope is returned to a store for any reason -- even if it was never out of the box -- Nikon's policy is that it goes back to the factory to be checked out. Some stores like Wal-Mart allow returns for any reason.

After Nikon has given it the once-over, it is packaged in another box and then sold as a refurb.

Demos are given similar treatment.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote