New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which range finder to buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Cabelas CLR 800(Bushnel)that I'm disappointed with. I have never been able to range anything over 280yd refelective or not. Never was a problem until this year. I started hunting some open fields and need to be able to range 500 to 700yds. Not that I'll try a shot that far, but I'd like to know the range.
Is there a range finder out there that will do this that I don't have to morgage the house to buy it?

posted Hide Post
Leica....buy it once......

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We still have some of the Leica LRF 1200 Scans in stock at our sale price of $429.99 including shipping in the USA, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/site.pl?page=40525
We have literally sold hundreds of these units and everyone seems pleased with the quality and accuracy of it

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3667 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leica LRF 1200 Scans

yup.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The price is just awfull, but the Swarovski range finder is an awsome piece of equipment.

They claim it will range to 1500 yards and it will do so routinely. I ranged a coyote at 704 yards the other day on the first try, no problem.

I have ranged antelope in New Mexico at amazing distances. The guides we hunted with just HAD to have one of those Swaroski's after he saw them.

I went hog hunting the other day and must have been half asleep. (I did get up at 3:30 AM to get out there before light.) Like a dummy, I left my Swarovski binoculars in the truck. The optics are so good on that range finder that I just used it insead that morning.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Leica is tough to beat and Doug's prices and service are excellent.

Nikon's Monarch 800 and 1200 are about $150 cheaper nicely compact and work very well.

The Bushnells I've used are not very impressive and neither are Leupold's Rangefinders that I've seen.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
My experience with Nikon Monarch 800s have been good, The ones I've had will range out to about 650-660 yards or so on antelope. I think they are great for the money. I like the Leicas, but the Nikon has a smaller size which I like better.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica CRF 1200.
It's the only way to fly.

Don