New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leica RF900 vs Leica 900
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I found a new in box Leica 900 for $399. Other than the ergonomics, what are the most important differences? Is the RF worth $100 more?

BTW, I would be using this for an upcoming Mule Deer hunt, and from past experieince I can't eyeball distances out West! I don't shoot much past 300yds, but again, I know my limitations on estimating ranges.

Posts: 392 | Location: Western Massachusetts | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The differences between the CRF and the LRF are twofold:
1) the CRF is waterproof, the LRF is water resistant
2) the CRF is smaller and designed for one handed operation (either righty or lefty), the LRF is a two handed unit

The optics and laser are the same in the two units

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Posts: 3697 | Location: Old Bethpage NY | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug: Thanks for the info. I compared them to a Nikon and they seemed MUCH brighter!
I noticed that you don't carry the Nikon's?
How have the Leica's been as far as durability, and what is the average battery life?

Posts: 392 | Location: Western Massachusetts | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westernmassman:
Doug: Thanks for the info. I compared them to a Nikon and they seemed MUCH brighter!
I noticed that you don't carry the Nikon's?
How have the Leica's been as far as durability, and what is the average battery life?

they seem pretty good on all accounts. i have a few times used the to range 999yards, and about 984 (nearly 1100yards) meters is about the max ive had it to. usually you can get 900yards in any conditions and on alot of backgrounds

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote