Find
Notify
Tools

M1999LA ring spacing
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I'm wanting to mount a Leupold 2.5-8 on my Model 1999 long action. Quick detachable rings are a must so I need a scope that'll fit. Anybody by chance try this combo. If not I need to change scopes. Measurements can help but a definate go or no go helps more. Thanks.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, don't have a Leupold 2.5-8 on my M1999 (Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10). In any event, whether the scope will fit depends on far forward/backward you want it mounted.

Still, maybe some measurements might help after all?? My M1999 LA has Talley mounts, distance between the rings (from rear edge of front ring to front edge of rear ring) is about 4.24". Rings are about .60 (front) and .606" (rear) wide.

Hope this helps, after all...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
mho, thanks that does help. Max ring spacing for the scope is 5.1. That doesn't leave a lot of room to manuever but now I know it fits and that's a start. I'll see if I can rig up something to mimick the placement of the scope and see if it's useable, I think it should be. Thanks again.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote