Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Bdc
 Login/Join

posted
Ok so here is my question for you all. I have a nikon monarch 6.5-20 bdc and this is what i would like to know. Does any body know what the distance is from dot to dot at 20 power at various yardages? Lets say a target is at 300 yards and i am on 20 power what would the distance be from my cross hair to the various circles? I hope you all understand what i am trying to ask. I can go out to figure this out but i figured id ask here first. thanks for any and all help

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the actual distances are, but you should be able to tell very easily by placing a ruler or similar device at 100 or 200 yards away and just doing some measureing at high power. You can use fractions to determine exactly what power you will need to get various measurements between different points on your scope.

Posts: 127 | Location: Central Mn | Registered: 12 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yeah i was thinking of doing something like that. I have the ballistics data for my load and i was going to place stickers at the poi's for each yardage then just move the gun to each yardage and place the main crosshair on the target and see where the circles would line up on each target. But i figured if some one had this already i could get out of a little work! Just being lazy i guess.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adam, according to the Nikon catalog the subtensions are--

1) 2 inch per hundred yds. (IPHY)

2) 4.5 IPHY
3) 7
4) 11
5--lower post tip) 15

...now from the catalog it looks like that measurement is from the x-hair to the bottom of the circle (circles are 2 IPHY OD). I'd call Nikon to confirm where the subtensions r measured to.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks coyote i will give them a shout to confirm but that helps alot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
WHen u find out Adam please let us know. This is important info, IMO.

If u're into reticle subtensions for downrange zeroing and windage (maybe rangefinding), it's extrememly helpful to get the catalogs from the various companies (some advertise them, some don't).

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote