Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leupold M8-3X

150-160ish

JC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, right, you can hope to pay that, but they're selling as fast as they come up in the $200 to $225 range.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday at local gun show, M83X sold for 195.00 in exc. conditon and aM86X sold for 225.00, both in exc. condition. Missed the 3x but bought the 6X and figured it was a fair price. Not great scopes, but certainly not bad one either. Leupold will take care of them if there is a problem.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Gato. If its in very nice condition it will top $200 easily. There is so much demand for these (DG rifles, I'm assuming) I can't understand why Leupold doesn't reintroduce them.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
I can't understand why Leupold doesn't reintroduce them.

Leupold no longer has the tooling, or a useable Tech Data Package for the M8-3x. To reintroduce that long tube scope today would be an expensive proposition. Their scopes today are short tube scopes. Look at the older M8-4x long tube scope. That was, and is a very desireable scope, as compared to the one they sell now, which is a short tube.
I have five of the long tube 3x scopes, one is an M7, and the others are M8's. I paid $225 for at least two, or maybe three of the M8's.
I uderstand that Leupold has two model shop, long tube 3x scopes out for testing now. If they decide to introduce it again, it will be a "Custom Shop" special order deal. I could go for a couple now, as long as the tube length is as long as the older M8's, and the optics are to the latest configuration.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
If it has one of the rarer reticles, expect to pay over $250.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote