New
Find
Notify
Tools

External Adjust Weavers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have a friend that knows I love old steel tube Weavers. The other day he sets one down by me and tells me its mine(good buddy). It is a very pristine V8 with external adjustments on the rings and 3 crosshairs, vertical and horizontal. I about crapped my drawers. I can speculate a lot, but who can tell me something about this scope? Did a search and came up empty.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
There's one on a rifle in a shop here in NYC. I'll ask about it. Tube looks a lot like the old B&L's .

from 1962 Shooters Bible

Rich

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had one once, biggest POS i ever had. the fron mount with 3 screws does all the holding and doesn't do a very good job of it. every time i'd take it out i had to sight in again

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like it richj. I can see where it has its weaknesses butchloc. It is fascinating to study, and it is in showroom condition, so I'll keep it as a collector. Appreciate the catalog pic richj.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won low bid on a Weaver V-8 multi-range that was "new in the box" with all the papers just this month.
I must say that I am impressed with the optical quality. I can see that the mounting system could be somewhat unpredictable, but will mount it on one of my low recoil rifles just to see how it does.
I also won low bid on a "new in Box" with all the papers, Weaver K4x and a K-1
I plan to mount the K-4 on a older Winchester 88 .308 Win. for the sake of having a classic set-up.
The K-1 is just neat to have.
The is something wonderful about these old steel Weavers.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correction: I won these on HIGH bid!!
Just a little excited to aquire these old pristine scopes.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The is something wonderful about these old steel Weavers.

Yes there is!! I have a K1 on a single shot 45/70 and its just the thing for close in work. It has the post and crosshair reticle, which is my fav.