opinions wanted on Vortex scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Opininos wanted on Vortex Viper Rifle scope

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hadn't looked at Vortex until my friend brought over his spotter to my range. How crap! That was as sharp as any spotter I've looked through. I could easily see bullet holes in a black bullseye at 100 yards...much easier said than done with most spotting scopes. I imagine their scopes are equally as impressive.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Diamondback 3x9 and it works very well. I have had it on three different rifles and it is clear, sharp, and stays on target.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have 3 or 4 - no problems, clear lenses, good quality and exceptional warranty service so i have heard - but i have had no cause to use it

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 and no problems and very clear with good eye relief

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Put one of their high end high power variables on a .223 and took it to africa. PH and fellow hunters liked the set-up, including the scope. No problems. I think they are a very good value for the money.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Viper 4-16X40 on a 270Win. I bought the Vortex in this model for the 1/2 MOA elevation adjustments. It works good and there is nothing really wrong with the optics but I wish I would have bought another Leupold VX-R in 4-12. FWIW

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote