New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger QD ring things
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A few years back, Brownells sold some little lever thingies that you could use to put on a set of Ruger rings to make them QD. I have a number of Ruger 77 RS's that I would like to convert the rings to QD. Anybody know if those conversion units are available anywhere?
Thanks
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black Fly:
A few years back, Brownells sold some little lever thingies that you could use to put on a set of Ruger rings to make them QD. I have a number of Ruger 77 RS's that I would like to convert the rings to QD. Anybody know if those conversion units are available anywhere?
Thanks
Bfly

Never knew that someone made a lever unit to convert Ruger Rings to QD.
I do have some older Warne QD rings for Model 77's. Not for sale however. Warne quit making them several years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Falcon Industries, I believe. They quit making them years back but I called them directly and spoke to their machinist. He found a few in a parts bin that were in the white and mailed them to me. This was about five years back. I blued the batch and have kept them for my rifles. I was just looking at the box and paperwork a few days ago. I'll pull them out tomorrow and post the business contact info so you can give them a call. Seem to recall the machinist say they were switching over to making AR-15 stuff. You can always have a set made up by any good machinist, but the ones that were sold were made in bulk and were therefore inexpensive to purchase. They look great and work perfectly.

BestSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot find the shipping slip that was in the package. I just had it in my hands about a week ago and thought I put it back into the package, but I do not see it now. I may have accidentally put it in my burn bag. The package does not have the phone number, but has the address as follows:

Falcon Industries
PO Box 1690
Edgewood NM 87015

Not sure if they are at the same address, but I do recall the machinist tell me they were going into AR-15 stuff. If I were to make a set of levers from scratch, I’d make them exactly as the Falcon Industry levers, they are very well made and look as good as they work.

BestSmiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was looking for the same thing. My brother told me to look for a Pilkington Lever. I never could find any, or even a picture of one, but I think that might be what you're thinking of.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do believe the Pilkington Lever sold through Brownells is the same one that was machined by Falcon Industries. When I got mine, Falcon had stopped production and they were no longer listed by Brownells. I was mailed the levers by the Falcon machinist who made them and he sent me leftovers that he dug out of a parts bin in the machine shop.

I'll post a pic of the levers later today. Any good machinist could duplicate these with ease.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I now remember the Pilkington name. I'll get in touch with Falcon, but I won't get my hopes up for finding any. Guess if that doesn't work, I'll just have to buckle under and get some more Warne rings. They are nice.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I'm way late on posting the pic, but here it is for those interested. I used these Pilkingtons to convert a set of Hawkeye ringmounts.

posted Hide Post
You can weld some levers on the stock nuts for the same effect.

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Or maybe deepen the existing slot and pin a lever in it. Might help prevent an inadvertant bump from loosening the mount and also allow the lever to be actuated from whichever side gave you the most purchase on it.

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warne QD rings for Ruger rifles are available from Brownells

Posts: 49 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 December 2008Reply With Quote