New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Prostaff Riflescope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody here have any experience with a Nikon Prostaff Riflescope? I'm looking at the 3-9x X 40 for my new 270 A-bolt.

Also, is there something out there of comparable value that I should be looking at/considering?

WFG

Posts: 29 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you do not want to spend a lot of money on a scope, than I would highly recommend the Nikon ProStaff. For just over $100.00, they are a great value.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the money, you can't beat the Prostaff. It's good glass and seems pretty tough too, though mine hasn't seen much hard use. BUT, I think your A-Bolt deserves better. Many places are running great deals on the Monarchs to clear out inventory for the new ones. The Nikon Monarch is a much better scope optically for not much more $.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I would also consider Weaver scopes. The Classic series scopes are a great value with excellent glass and rock solid adjustments.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have also been looking at Burris scopes (Fullfield II). A salesman at a local store was really talking them up to me. Anybody know anything or have any experience with these?

Posts: 29 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the Nikon ProStaff series is a best buy in scope under $150. I have 5 ProStaff scopes mounted on my personal guns; 3 of the 2-7x32 and 2 of the 3-9x40. I have also sold at least a dozen of the 2-7x32s to guys who have them mounted on shotguns for shooting slugs at Iowa deer. All of the ProStaffs have worked well and most of the Iowa scopes were sold by word-of-mouth advertising from satisfied customers.

I think that at least 95% of all deer killed, could be killed just as well if a Nikon ProStaff with the sight used.

FWIW, I do not like the current production Weaver V series scopes as well as the Nikon ProStaffs. I got a Weaver V10 on a rifle that I took in trade and it was very disappointing. Prior to the introduction of the ProStaff series, I was recommending Weavers as a best in class buy, but I think that the ProStaffs are just enough better to be a better solution.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get a nikon monarch 3x9 for $229 on sale.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3x9 Prostaff on a 280Rem Encore. It's clear and holds zero. I think it's about the best scope you can get for the $$.

Jules

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote