New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sightron SII 6-24x42D?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been dreaming about a new scope. The Sightron SII 6-24X42D. It's a target scope, adjustable objective my understanding, with a target dot.

On the unlikely chance I'll get enough funds for a new scope.

One of my friends had a similar Sightron at the range a few weeks back, and I was impressed.

It seemed bright, but mainly... the cross hairs were very narrow, and the dot very small.

1/4 MOA my understanding.

Since I use small dots as targets, this appeals to me. How nice to be able to center the dot in a 3/4" target dot at 100 yards.

Anyone have experience with these?

I did a search, and it seems that in general, the Sightrons are well-received.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've got a couple of sightrons - not the model you are refering to, but have nothing but good to say about them. I really don't know why we don't see more of them

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had that scope w/o the mil-dot. Pretty good optics but they were not as good as a Weaver V-24. AO is kind of screwy...the AO has to be turned more than 360 degrees to focus so distance numbers overlap. I'd rather have the Burris Signature 6-24, Leupold VX-III 6-20, Busnhell 4200 6-42, or Weaver V-24 in this magnification range.

Chuck
Modern Muzzleloader
Endowment member NRA

Posts: 169 | Location: Athens, AL | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sightron is made is Asia, I assume.

I don't buy Asian scopes anymore.

They waste my money, time, and enthusiasm.

Ken Marsh's cheap scope page

What to do with a cheap scope?
Give it to someone you don't like.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
They are made in Japan, not China or the Phillipines. Great scopes, and very high quality, especially for the price.

I have a 4.5x14 SII, and I am waiting for the Big Sky models to come out.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I owned the exact scope with the same reticle you are talking about and it's a fantastic piece of glass at any price. The adjustments hold true and it's VERY clean. I would highly recommend that scope to anyone wanting a scope to strictly punch paper with. In it's price range I don't think you can beat it.

Just keep in mind though, with that reticle it would suck in just about any hunting application. It's too thin my tastes.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote