Find
Notify
Tools

Mounts on a XCR II 300 Ultra
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted
I just purchased a M700 XCR II and the previous owner left this base on it. I was going to use a set of Burris Signature rings, but was wondering if I should change it out for something different? Scope is a Weaver Super Slam 3-15x42 EBX.

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
When I see those bases, I think of the French Taunter in 'The Holy Grail'. If nothing else, I guess they give great flexibility in scope positioning.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
When I see those bases, I think of the French Taunter in 'The Holy Grail'. If nothing else, I guess they give great flexibility in scope positioning.

lol, that's not a good thing then...

What mounts would you recommend?

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I use Leupold dual dovetail mounts with Burris signature rings. Get the set with the reversible front to give you a little more flexibility. I have this setup on both a .338 Win Mag and a .375 H&H. Both have held up fine.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
If it's good for our boy's keeping us free it can't be bad....the rail.....however for my taste

On all of my 700's I use Leupold dual dovetail basses and rings

Twist them in and line lapp

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote