Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold VX1 2-7X33
 Login/Join

Picture of Bluegroper
posted
Hi Guys
How do you think a Leupold VX1 3-7X33 would stand up on a Marlin 45-70?

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You mean in terms of recoil susceptibility? Just fine.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bluegroper
posted Hide Post
Thank you Stonecreek tha was just what I was after.

Posts: 22 | Location: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of them on a 375 H&H and it has survived a few hundred rounds without trouble.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
While I'm dubious about any image-movement model (just about all modern scopes, that is), I've got a VX-1 2-7 on my lightweight Tikka 270WSM. While that doesn't have the slow, heavy kick of a .45/70, it does have the same power as several .300 magnums - in a 6lb rifle.

I haven't fired too many shots using it but it's held zero well, even after being dropped three times on NZ shingle slides

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a VX I 2-7 on a short bbl hard kicking 375 H&H it performed flawlessly for years including many rounds and more than few hard knocks. My problems started when I swapped it for a Swaro Z3 3-9. That scope broke twice after about 8 rounds each time and is now back for warranty. I replaced it with a Leu VX 3 1.75-6. So far (about 20 rounds) no problems. The VX 3 is noticeably brighter than the VX I.

Posts: 78 | Location: Alaska  | Registered: 22 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKW:
I had a VX I 2-7 on a short bbl hard kicking 375 H&H it performed flawlessly for years including many rounds and more than few hard knocks. My problems started when I swapped it for a Swaro Z3 3-9. That scope broke twice after about 8 rounds each time and is now back for warranty. I replaced it with a Leu VX 3 1.75-6. So far (about 20 rounds) no problems. The VX 3 is noticeably brighter than the VX I.

I am ll the time thinking about that scope.

If Leupold would just add illumination and include it in their VX - R lineup!

Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 337 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive used them on everything from a 250 Savage to a 416 Remington without any problems..beyond the .416 you could very likely run into problems, but that is with most scopes or at least I have with the 458 Lott and larger.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote