New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope reticle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the benefit or drawback over the MilDot or MOAR . Why would you choose one over the other ?

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have quite a bit of experience with these types of reticles. For shots at 300+ yards, they can be quite useful. For my current hunting requirements, I have no need for them. I personally prefer simple reticle styles and find many of the "tactical-ranging-ballistic" reticles very "busy".

They are useful tools that many swear by. Like any tool, knowing how to use it properly through practice makes it effective. A good friend of mine lives on the east side of your beautiful state. He is one of the best shooters I have ever seen and he swears by them. All of the game keepers and stalkers I have hunted with in the UK use them. Everyone of them was an obvious expert at shooting, ranging and wind calls.

You are in a great area to try one for yourself and see if it meets your needs. I would try a Leupold before putting down the coin for a Nightforce BEAST.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote