Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello are these scopes good ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Heck yes! I just mounted a 4x-12x Meostar R1 on my A2 Sako .243 today! Went to the range and was sighted in with 3 shots.

I am thrilled with the clarity and precise adjustments. I had this on layaway for the past few months and finally got it home. I took off a Leupold 6x42 and am very happy with the addtl magnification. My go to scopes are Leupold varix 111 and vx 111 4.5x 14 x 40's. I know this is a 30mm tube, and it's comparing apples to oranges, but I could see buying another Meopta.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 400 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 25-06 off the used rack at my favorite pawn shop last year. I normally use Leupold scopes but they did not have one that I liked at the time, and the owner suggested I look at a Meopta. I purchased a 3X9X40 and really like it. It picks up a good bit of light and has good clear optics. I have only had it a year but as of right now if I were looking for a new scope I would not hesitate to get another, also the have a good price point as well.

Posts: 54 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with Meopta scopes but most scopes look fine in the daylight. A scope pays for itself a first and last light....same with binos...and of course how well it handles recoil.

Posts: 154 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 24 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I fitted and sighted in three Meopta scopes 10 days ago (243, 7x57 and 7mmRM). It was a pleasure compared to some other makes. In more than a decade of fitting Meopta for friends and customers, I have never had one come back with any sort of trouble.

I compared the first Meopta (6x40) I ordered to a Zeiss 6x45 (on my personal 7x57) and a Swarovski 6x45 (on a friend's rifle) many years ago. I could not discern any difference in clarity or sharpness in bright light or after dark.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alex Roy at Euro Optics in PA has been selling Meopta since they came out. He also handles Zeiss, Swarovski and S&B, but feels the Meoptas are a great value. He's at (570)220-3159, or www.eurooptic.com.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put one on my T3 lite in 338 WM about 4 years ago turned into a kaliadescope after sighting in every time it was fired black crud whirling around inside,took it back got a burris for half the price and never looked back.

Posts: 157 | Location: N.E. Victoria Australia | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is surprising. Who did you get it from? What model was it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got it at my local gunstore,it was a 1.5-6 in a 30mm tube #4 reticle thats about all i can remember

Posts: 157 | Location: N.E. Victoria Australia | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that must have been an Artemis 1.5 - 6 as that was the only 1.5 - 6 in a 30mm tube from Meopta iirc. Did you have two of them? Your son had trouble with one on a 375, I believe.
quote:
Put one on my T3 lite in 338 WM about 4 years ago

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no only the 1 ,son had trouble at the start with a leupold fixed 4 power and a hakko ,he went to the burris as well

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, It puts things in perspective.

http://www.africahunting.com/3...bore-calibers-2.html