New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Fullfield II 3x-9x-40mm Ball Plex
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody have any experience with this scope? I've read some mixed things, but most complaints seem to be with Burris rather than with the scope itself. I'm trying to decide between this and a Nikon Buckmaster scope. Is the Ball Plex (or BDC) reticle worth the hype or should I just stick to the basics? This is going on a new 270 that will be used for deer, antelope, elk, and maybe even bighorn sheep. Thanks for the help

Posts: 29 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I own both. IMO get the BMs. Better optics IMO. Although, I like the BP better than the BDC. They both will work fine on a hunting rifle.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I have the Burris 3-9x42 Ballistic Plex. The optics are fantastic for the money. The B-plex reticle puts me on the money out to 650 yards with my .270 WSM. The only complaint that I have is that the clicks are very coarse, more like 1" than 1/4". Mine seems to hold zero well.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have at least four of these scopes mounted on various rifles that I mostly "play" with. My opinion is that they're the best inexpensive scope out there right now. For my serious rifles I do have one burris Euro that I also like but mostly I stick with the leupolds in the VX3 grade.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have Burris FFII with and without and the scopes are excellent, best $200 scope and I've shopped the others.
I never use the ranging feature on the b-plex.
Good scopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
not know how young your eyes are but i''d suggest going to a good optic store and compare several different makes and power ranges, your 270 will shoot plenty flat to take any and all the game you talked about, as far a burris''s balistic plex goes its a winner for sure, iv''e played with 2 burris signature selects 4x16x44 with their bp, and they were a delight to use,also played with a nikon4x12 ucc monarch with their bdc, while is was very bright i thought its bdc covered up to much target,don''t get me wrong i like nikon, your money, let your eye''s tell you what they like,leupolds vx3 is ausome too, i own one in a 4.5x14 no ao with a varmit hunters retical, hold over points are great , they flat work,good luck take your time don''t rush into anything....regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Burris Fullfield 3x9 ballistic plex.

I don't like it.
I found out it is made in Asia.

Leupold just sent me a new VX-1 2x7 to replace an old Vari -X-ii 2x7.

The VX-1 is a great scope, and they offer them with the equivalent of ballistic plex for $220:
http://www.swfa.com/pc-6207-89-leupold-2-7x33-vx-i-riflescope.aspx

Leupold 2x7 $220:

Burris 3x9 $220:

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have this scope on my .222 CZ varmint. It is great scope! and strongly recomemend it! thumb

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ball. plex. I had to send it back to burris b/c it wouldn't hold zero. I'm not fond of Burris products b/c of this but I will say that their turn around on warranty work was excellent. The scope was sent out and back within a week. It now holds zero and is an OK scope. For the money, I would buy a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 BDC at Midway for $229. It's closer to a Leupold VX3 in terms of clarity for the price of the Burris.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack but the current pricing of the old Monarchs is really amazing.
$229 for a Monarch, you'll throw rocks at your Leupies.
A better scope for half the price.
No comparison.
I wanted to buy a Leupold when I compared it to the Burris FFII.
I took the Burris and don't regret it.
Monarch is a different ballgame.
I just bought my second one from SWFA.
I don't even have a gun to put it on.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 7mm-08 that is very good. I've been using Burris scopes for years and they either work for years or are a POS right out of the box. The older models were not real bright but the newer ones are much better. I'm told Burris has been sold overseas. I don't know for sure.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote