Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Price Question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted
I have been doing some searching on the the Zeiss Conquest. Can anybody tell me why the powers below 3X9 cost more than the 3X9? Thanks.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard, it is because they are the "newer" models. The "original" Conquests were in 3x9, 4.5x14, and 6.5x20, so I guess all others are "new models".

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is more of a marketing tool. The majority of "Hunters" for years have grown accustomed to a 3x9 scope, and that is what MOST use... to this end, Zeiss has priced their 3x9 more attractively to capture market share in this competitive market. They may figure that the "informed purist gun nut" (thats us) will understand the head to head comparisons of zeiss, Kahles, Swarovski, and VX-III Leupy, and will select the different power options (2.5x8... 3.5x10...4.5x14...)based on clarity, reticle selection. weight, ruggedness, etc, and not just on price. Thats MY opinion...

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 127 | Location: Miami, Florida | Registered: 10 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of woodseye
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it is more of a marketing tool. The majority of "Hunters" for years have grown accustomed to a 3x9 scope, and that is what MOST use... to this end, Zeiss has priced their 3x9 more attractively to capture market share in this competitive market. They may figure that the "informed purist gun nut" (thats us) will understand the head to head comparisons of zeiss, Kahles, Swarovski, and VX-III Leupy, and will select the different power options (2.5x8... 3.5x10...4.5x14...)based on clarity, reticle selection. weight, ruggedness, etc, and not just on price. Thats MY opinion...

I agree.....its their flagship scope power and commands the highest sales numbers. It is still probably the #1 variable scope power range as evidenced by just about every company offering several models in 3X9.

woods

Savage ML'er....... a New Generation Traditionalist....... Thanks to Henry Ball

Posts: 672 | Location: Northern Border Country | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote