New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNRsports.com, any experience?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, does anyone had any recent experience with DNRsport.com? I'm planning to buy a scope from them.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've ordered scopes and ammo from them before and never had a problem.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't know why, but somewhere in my head the name pops a warning signal - do a search - i seem to remember that a bunch of guys here had problems a couple years back

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had any dealings with DNR. However, I have read some not so good reports by guys who have dealt with them. Some were very bad.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I made a search for the last 2 years; no complaint found and some positive comments. I've placed my order....time will tell coffee

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hearsay is just that...hearsay. Experience is just that also,experience. I speak with experience.

Don't worry about your order. You will like DNR Sports.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I know quite a few people who have bought stuff from them and loved the customer service. Muzzleloaders, Optics and such

I plan on buying my Lyman Great Plains Hunter .54 cal from them

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've ordered several things from them, but the last was over five years ago. I always had good service out of them. They've been around for a while.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have ordered loads of stuff over the last year or so, had alot of dies from them and scopes. there service has been excellent i really couldn't find fault,
shipping to the UK has been really easy. if you have any questions email mark at DNR

MKomoroski@aol.com

good luck i don't think you will have much trouble

Posts: 358 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I've bought Lyman Great Plains rifles and kits from them. Never a problem, other than indifferent-sounding people who answer the phone. Their prices often seem among the best.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16626 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Leupold from them a few weeks back. Took about ten days to get to Ireland. It was worth it as the price was about half the local price.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I tried accessing this website without any luck..( www.DNRsport.com) is this correct?

wildboar..did you need the appropriate paperwork
for exporting your leupy scope?

Posts: 8 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
http://www.dnrsports.com/
take the capitals out. Capitals in any web address is usually a bad thing. Some systems will handle it, others won't.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My usual on-line shop is www.bearbasin.com, that gave me complete satisfaction in the past; unfortunately they don't want/can't send illuminated scopes or red dot optics to Europe. DNRsports is much worse; they don't care for customers at all (in my experience). I've ordered an illuminated Leupold scope on 09 Oct., they state that it has been sent on 13 Oct. I sent them 4 (four) e-mails asking for the tracking number of my parcel, but I got ZERO replies thumbdown .

It's my first purchase from them and certainly the last.

Alta.separatist, I don't need any export/import licence for scopes.

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
Have ordered several scopes from them best prices around. They are ruff on the phone like they could care less. But so what that is their problem I got the scope cheap.

Live everyday, like it was your last!!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dealer ordered lots of weapons,optics & ammo from DNR with complete satisfaction.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In years past I bought scopes and binocs from DNR with good service. When Leupold 'fixed' the prices DNR seemed less attractive price wise and by then the Conquests looked better anyway.

These days I buy optics from Cameraland. They have the energy.

http://cameralandny1.reachlocal.net/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wildboar,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you have an update?

It's hard to judge a company's customer service when the order goes smoothly, as has been my experience with DNR. It's when something screws up that you see the true quality of the company you're doing business with.

Best of luck with your order.

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your care and whishes Dan, but no news from them and no sign of my parcel yet. Anyway, I keep my bad opinion about DNRsports; I see no reason to not respond to the e-mails (four) sent by a customer that has just spent 760$. Thanks to their so-what attitude I can't know where my parcel is, now. I will keep you informed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've ordered at least 20 scopes from DNR with no problems. With Leupolds fixed pricing I just order scopes 3 or more at a time, phone my order in to Mark personally and ask what the real price is. I have the Leupold #s at hand to save him time, and the prices sweeten up in a hurry.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the main reasons you can't find much info on them is the name. DNR is too short on most message boards to search.

I wish I could find my old post with the problems I had with them. Basically, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. They treated me like crap, tried to bypass Gunbroker's auction fees, and then took forever to return my money. As far as I'm concerned, they are liars and cheats.

-Dan

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Found some of those old posts...

Link 1

Link 2

Posts: 350 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 30 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, I agree with you. I've even sent them a fax, 36 hours ago, asking for the tracking number of the parcel, but I am obviously on their "ignore list". Their silence makes me doubt if they really sent the parcel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clark98ut:
One of the main reasons you can't find much info on them is the name. DNR is too short on most message boards to search.

I wish I could find my old post with the problems I had with them. Basically, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. They treated me like crap, tried to bypass Gunbroker's auction fees, and then took forever to return my money. As far as I'm concerned, they are liars and cheats.

-Dan

Clark,

That's the same kind of problem I read about them on the air gun forums several years ago.
I have no personal experience with them, and don't plan on having any after reading several posts similar to yours. Why would I want to subject myself to that kind of treatment when there are other, customer friendly, places to buy stuff from; like Sinclair, Brownell's, Natchez, Champion's Choice, Rick Bin, Jon Jakoviac and Cameraland.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got the scope today; the optical quality seems to be very good; I paid it 45% of the local retail price. I'm satisfied, excepting for their behaviour. Next time I will definitely try another supplier.