Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold 'quick focus'
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
The only Leupold scopes I have are older versions. While I really respect their quality and warranty I was never comfortable with 'focusing'. Due to eye issues awhile back I started going with scopes that had 'European Fast Focus' feature. Now I read where VX-III scopes feature a 'very fast focus'. At a local Gander Mountain I coon-fingered a new VX-III scope and it seemed that things were different as far as fast focusing the scope.

Before I buy one, mount it, and go to the range I wanted to hear from those who are more up-to-date about this matter.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not exactly sure what your question is actually.

I have used both methods on different scopes and it doesn't make that much difference to me. They do the same thing.

One is just faster, the other one locks the adjustment down so it can't easily messed with.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Spent time at Williams Gunsight today (Davison, Michigan). Looked at a couple VX-3's. They have indeed changed the focus system on their scopes more akin to the European 'Fast Focus'. It is much easier to focus a Leupold scope now. They (Leupold) have changed their arrangement to make it much easier to focus thier scopes.

I will buy now buy one.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

I have two of the newer Leupolds with the fast focus eye piece. Leupold got it right with that change; it does work.
It just takes all of the aggravation out of focusing the reticle.