THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    ZEISS SCOPE DIAVARI Z VRS. DIAVARI V ? DIFFERENCES?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ZEISS SCOPE DIAVARI Z VRS. DIAVARI V ? DIFFERENCES?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
What is the differences??I do know the Diavari Z is discontinued/replaced with the V.....Thanks!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you from an optics point of view, although Zeiss will probably tell you the optics were reengineered. From an external point of view, the V/VM series improved on the Z series in at least the following areas: 1) larger field of view, 2) lower weight, 3) smaller dimensions.

Case in point, the old Z series used to encompass a 2.5-10x48 scope. It was a BIG scope, believe me. The V series replaced that with a 2.5-10x50, which is only slighty larger than the 1.5-6x42.

Still, sometimes older Z-series scopes can be found for not that much $$$, and if size and FOV is less important, the Z scopes are still great products. They were manufactured in the US for a while.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thank You Very Much Sir!!!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote