New
Find
Notify
Tools

IOR Valdada 2-12x32
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been thinking hard about putting the IOR Valdada 2-12x32 scope on my big bore bolt gun project. It is in their tactical series lineup, and does have their 35mm main tube: http://www.valdada.com/vn/ior/03r

This scope is really starting to catch onto me with its looks and power range; from really low 2x on up to 12x. I also think the idea of the 35mm main tube could only help the light gathering potential as well. The only part which I'm not so sure about is if the 3.5" eye relief will be long enough for a heavy recoiling gun. My mind is telling me that no, it will not be enough relief.

Does anyone have this scope who could tell me more about it? Is it worth the $1100 price tag? I would be really interested in seeing a photo of this scope on a rifle if anyone possibly has one installed. Though, I imagine there are few and far between.

Thanks.

Posts: 25 | Location: Ottawa, IL | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you would want 12x on a big bore rifle. But I'll let the others decide on that.
My concern would be the history on this outfit and where do you go if the scope malfunctions on you. Were it me I'd buy American.....3.5" eye relief at 12x? Or at 2x?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2.5 X 10 X 42 IOR. Best scope I have ever owned. Very clear, repeatable clicks.I love it

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I and two of my friends have each purchased an IOR 9-36x56mm with 35mm tube to go an Steyr HS50's which are supposed to arrive in a few months. They are the clearest scope I have looked through to date.....................I have not had the pleasure of looking through an S&B yet.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote