Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Conquest Binos-Opinions?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted
I have been looking at a pair of Zeiss Conquest binos. Thye are available in 8x30 & 10 x30. Does anyonw here own a pair? Opinions? Which power range would you consider best for western elk hunting?

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
No one here using these?? Confused

I'd like to here some reports on clarity & durability befor I take the jump.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have the Zeiss Victory IIs ... they are fantastic. Haven't seen the Conquest yet.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact that these Conquest products bear the name Zeiss doesn't mean they are the same quality and durability as the European line of Zeiss products!

Zeiss introduced the Conquest line to be able offer price competative products on the American market.

Have a look a Kahles binoculars, same price, but i.m.o better quality, or a good s.h. real Zeiss!

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if the Conquest series sold in Europe is the same as the one produced for the Americna market. I own a pair of Conquest binoculars, they are of course not as goog as the Victory series but still i.m.o. they have pretty good optics at half the price.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Have a look at the Swarovki EL Binos... At the moment a lot of problems occur with Zeiss optics, at least at their scopes. I am not sure if also with their binos, but with the scopes they are absolutely done for me...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a Zeiss victory, 6-24x56 for my sakko trg 42. It is working prefctly so far, but then again its pretty new. I have not heard of any problems with them here in Denmark, but lately they have had a pretty agresive price campaign here which might be explained by problems with selling their products. Which line is your scope? Is it German or American made?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1) I own a pair in 10 power.

2) Fantastic bino! I will buy another pair.

3) 10 power let's you see important little details over the 8.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montes:
I just got a Zeiss victory, 6-24x56 for my sakko trg 42. It is working prefctly so far, but then again its pretty new. I have not heard of any problems with them here in Denmark, but lately they have had a pretty agresive price campaign here which might be explained by problems with selling their products. Which line is your scope? Is it German or American made?

Just some of my costumers and lot´s of a friended gunsmith... European lines like Varipoint and much more. If You have one beeing OK, be glad! But there is a high risk of getting any with flaws at the moment! Don´t know why this is, because it was not like this in the past!

Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend traded a pair of Nikon ATBs for Zeiss Conquest 10x30 and said the Conquest is in a whole nother league compared to the ATBs. I haven't yet looked through them, but that certainly mirrors my experience with the rifle scopes. As much as I like the Nikon Monarchs, the Conquest is a complete step up in rifle scopes.

Only observation I would make is that they have a small objective lense. Most 8-10x binocs have a 40+ objective lense.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ironbuck,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I bought a pair of the 8x30's about 3 years ago. If I recall, they were around $350. I think they've gone up. Anyway, I compared them to similar-priced binos, which put them in the mix among the Bushnell Legends/Nikon Monarch ATB's/Leupold Olympic and Pinnacle lines. I also looked at porro Marine Steiners.

I went to Bass Pro to compare and ultimately buy them. I found I read the eye chart better with the Conquests than with any of the others, except the Pinnacles. This in spite of the 30mm vs 40mm lenses. Depth of field was better with the Conquests, and I liked their light weight and form factor better. The Conquests did suffer flare as bad or worse as the others looking directly towards the sun.

I've dropped mine out of the treestand and had them out in the rain a number of times. They still work great.

I would probably suggest buying locally so you can look through the actual set you'd be buying, as I remember reading that some individual binos had problems.

HTH,

Steve

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote