Find
Notify
Tools

2-7 scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
OK. I have a need for a few 2-7x32 or 33 scopes. One for the CZ-452 22 close focus would be nice. one for the AR 6.8 and one for the 7mmbr mini mauser.

I've seen that Leupold, Vortex, Bushnell 3200, Redfield have them. Looks like the Leup is the only one that focuses down for indoor use??

What say y'all

rich

Posts: 6438 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minox has a 1.5-8x32. Have 2 on 375 Weatherbys. Tough clear little scope.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Vortex is closing out the viper 2-7. I got one from SWFA.com with a dg reticle for 165 dollars shipped. Doug at cameralandny.com has them too. I like the optics on these scopes and the adjustment knob is awesome!

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want a serviceable scope and the lowest cost in initial outlay, then the new Redfield is a good choice.

If you want the best buy for the dollar in the long haul (resale value included) then the Leupold is the better choice. Buy the Rimfire model for your CZ-452 and the "regular" 2-7X33 for your other two. The "Long Range" reticle is available in the regular (VX-II) model, and if you do any shooting much past 200 yards it can come in handy.

In a couple of years the Bushnell will have a resale value of nil, and the Vortex is likely on closeout for a good reason.

By the way, the 2-7X range is an excellent and very useful range of magnification that is too often overlooked!

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
thanks. I may look for the 2-7 that has an AO for the CZ and get the VX-II for the other 2.

I think the Leup is parallex for 60yds unless I get the EFR

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sent my 2X7 Leupold back and had the parallex adjusted to 60 yards. Cost was $15, very pleased with results.

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll need the parallax set for any closer than the Leupold Rimfire which is set at 60 yards. The scope will focus way closer than 60 yards, and the parallax error at closer ranges is negligible. That's why they picked 60 yards.

The EFR models are designed for extreme accuracy at close range, usually with airguns. Despite the CZ's repuation for accuracy, I don't think you could tell a difference when shooting at 10 yards between groups fired with a 60 yard fixed parallax and those fired with an AO set for 30 feet.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a Nikon ProStaff 2-7x on my 452, and I love it. I believe it's a shotgun scope, but the parallax is set for 75 yards. I'm not sure how close it will focus though. Pretty good scope for the money. I think it only cost about $150.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I found ;-) a Nikon 2-7 M in the "parts filing cabinet". It does look nice. but it won't focus down to 50 ft.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
weaver 2-7x33

Fantastic and awesome eye relief. Spanks Leupolds

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I'd go with the Leupold VXI for your needs.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kahles makes an excellent 2-7 x 32, both in rimfire (50 yd parallax) and regular 100 yd parallax focus.

I have both Leupold 2-7's and Kahles, there is absolutely no comparison. Kahles wins hands- down in every category.

I'm not bashing the Leupold, just when compared side-by-side I can't imagine anyone not seeing the difference.

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote