THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Swarovski Ballistic Turret can be retrofitted - June 2008

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Ballistic Turret can be retrofitted - June 2008
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I contacted Swarovski regarding the new Ballistic Turret system and asked them if existing AV scopes could be retrofitted with the turret.

Here is their response:

"The Ballistic Turret will be available in March, they will be able to add the BT to current AV scopes in June."

Swarovski Ballistic Turret

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Well, my Swarovski represantive told me not to do so before Oktober or so, because they don´t have the "time and craftsman" to survive the estimated run...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope that thing is easier to use in person than the instructions.......how much is the retrofit going to cost?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Not sure what I am missing here, but why would you want a ballistic/specific caliber/load optics when one with mil dots and knowing your calibers trajectory will accomplish the same results with a whole lot less mechanism and complications?? Mil dots work with any caliber, any practical range so long as the rifleman/shooter takes the time to know the come ups for the cartridge at given ranges and the approximate size of his target. Can not get much simpler. Am I missing something here with the numerous optics companies offering these various devices for shooting at different ranges?

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mil-dots are small, they're damnn hard to figure out for the average person, they take time to use which is often not available for game.....most major scope manufacturers offer or have offered mil-dots and they are NOT a choice of most scope buyers. Compare that to ranging the target, often establishing benchmarks beforehand, with a good rangefinder and simply putting the appropriate reticle on it with the various Rapid Z, B&C, TDS, BDC, etc systems and it is easy to understand why mil-dots are not the popular choice.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I hope that thing is easier to use in person than the instructions.......how much is the retrofit going to cost?

The turrent will be available first on the new 56mm Z6 scope and it should cost about an rough estimation of 150 € extra there - so retrofitting will be probably more expensive as they must change any mechanic part inside...?!?!

Let´s see more details and information on IWA in March...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote