Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on red dot/holographic sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,

I recently purchased a Mech Tech carbine conversion unit in 40 S&W to fit on top of a Glock frame, and am looking for some type of red dot or holographic sight to put on it.

http://www.mechtechsys.com/

The price range from these type of optics is quite wide, and since the unit cost around $300, I cannot see putting an $800 optic on a 40 S&W "rifle". Opinions? What say ye?

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No one has an opinion?

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just reading (but have not bought yet) about the Vorex strikfire. Might be just what you are looking for. Check Camaralandny as Doug has been very helpful here in the past. The price point is $159

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a Red Dot for my H&K 40 S&W to make it into a hot hunting gun, well after looking over everything that was out there at the SHOT show I decided on the Trijicon Red Dot (4MM)& it should be delivered any day now. Check it out & I'll post a report after the weekend.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote