New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Riflescope power ring adjustment
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just recieved my new Swarovski AV 3.5-10x42 TDS Plex scope and the power ring is very stiff? Any one else notice this and does it get better with use?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the scope mounted on the rifle? Improper ring placement can bind up a scope. If it is stiff unmounted then I don't know what to think. I have had several scopes that were kind of stiff and they never loosened up, none were Swaroski's though.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. Mine 2 Swaros go tight but if it goes "stiff" - I don´t know how much...?!

If You think it´s not OK, resend it to Swaro: They have the best Service I have seen. You could also contact Mr Atzgersdorfer at Swarovski: He is responible for the great service... Unfortunally I don´t have any email address.

Good luck.

Klaus

www.titanium-gunworks.de

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scope was mounted so I took it off to compare and I think I had my Talleys a little too tight as it is nowhere near as stiff when off the gun...

Thanks for the help guys!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Talley told me about 25inch/pounds on the ring screws, that's less than you might think..................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My torque wrench only goes as light as 35 in/lbs. I have seen the screw driver type torque drivers but wouldn't know where to get one?

one of us
posted Hide Post
By far the best deal I've seen on one is the Wheeler Fat Wrench from Midway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=718023

Basically it goes from 10 to 60 inch pounds and is under $50. The bit adaptor is a little cheesy but for less than 1/2 the price of a Seekonk (that doesn't adjust as far) the Fat Wrench is a bargain.......................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swarovski:
My torque wrench only goes as light as 35 in/lbs. I have seen the screw driver type torque drivers but wouldn't know where to get one?

www.wiha.de

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I will look for one in my neck of the woods as Midway still won't ship to Canada.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swarovski:
Thanks guys! I will look for one in my neck of the woods as Midway still won't ship to Canada.

I think that Natchez sells that same "Fat" torque wrench. Maybe they ship to Canada.

Don