New
Find
Notify
Tools

CDS dial engraving to small to read
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just received my cds disl for a vx-5 hd. I asked for the largest numbers possible due to old eyes. The numbers are barely 1/8 inch tall. The dial measures 1/2 inch tall, that leaves three quarters of the daily unused. Called Leupold and they said that's as tall as the can get. Not happy. Optik1

Posts: 375 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the answer to your problem optik. I've used these several times and you can customize it however you want. They work very well, they are durable, and inexpensive.

https://customturretsystems.com/

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I do the same think with a sticker cut out of a mailing label. Just count the clicks and make numbers you can see with a small hash mark. I mark every 50 yds and have a number every 100 yds. After I finish I put a layer of packing tape over it to help waterproof it. Last of several years so far I haven't replaced one.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply guys. Optik1

Posts: 375 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote