Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex crossfire II
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eyeman
posted
I'm considering getting a vortex crossfire 1x4 for my 416 rem. anyone with experience with this scope. Durability and clarity. Thanks

Paul Gulbas

Posts: 340 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't think i'd trust a crossfire on a 416 - works fine of lighter calibers - i believe i'd spend the $$ and to to the viper

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with butchloc. The crossfire won't hold up. The viper will.

If cost is an issue, the cheapest tough scopes I know of is the 1-4X20 Nikon Monarch or Leuold VX2 1-4X20. Both tough scopes.

My Nikon handles my .458 Lott just fine.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
I've got a vortex Strike Eagle on order. It's part of the viper line and is a 1-6x. I'll be puting it on my 375 Ruger. I'll let you know how that one holds up once I get it here.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
don't think i'd trust a crossfire on a 416 - works fine of lighter calibers - i believe i'd spend the $$ and to to the viper

... or the Swarovski Z6, perhaps. Recoil bouncing the erector tube around is a real danger with modern image-movement scopes but only Swaro and Leupold seem willing to admit it.

Posts: 5001 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About any modern scope has enough clairity for a 416! or for a 300 Wby for that matter..Clairity is more for binocs IMO..A scope serves one purpose and that is to see the reticle and target, and that has never been a problem in legal light as far as I know..I am sure the Vortex is a good scope, I use strictly M8 vari x 11 Leupolds, but my range finder is a Vortex and its a good piece of equipment.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41952 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote