Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted
Hello, I'm saving for my Weatherby Vanguard, like ants, but in my head I keep from clouding. This rifle is fitted with a 2.5-10x50RI Pentaflex viewer and eventually I changed to another display. My purchasing power is very limited and I've seen some very affordable viewers (it would ask USA), I mean the Redfield and my choice would be the Revolution 4-12x40 with Accu-Range grid type. The rifle is in caliber 300 Weatherby Magnum. Do you know these viewers?, Are they good?.

Thanks,

Promo.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The currently made Redfield scopes I've tried are very good scopes and at the prices asked are an exceptional value. I have a 3-9 with standard reticle on a .300 RCM, it's an excellent combination.

I'd go with a 2-7 or 3-9 on a .300 Wby but that's just personal preference.

Dave Anderson

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the reply, Redfield scopes certainly have a very good price and also their appearance seem robust. In my Remington 700 I have put a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 and I think that is universal field increases. I will try to buy in the U.S. where everything related to guns is much cheaper than in Spain.

Thank you very much,

I am Spanish

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several of the "new" Redfield scopes. I have not found a problem with any of them. Have a 4-12 Accu-Range on a .300 Weatherby Win. Mag. and shoot the rifle out to 500 Yds. without any problem. I would certainly recommend them.

Posts: 120 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ehg5640:
I have several of the "new" Redfield scopes. I have not found a problem with any of them. Have a 4-12 Accu-Range on a .300 Weatherby Win. Mag. and shoot the rifle out to 500 Yds. without any problem. I would certainly recommend them.

Hello and thank you very much, I'm going to "squeeze" Pentaflex viewer first assembling the rifle (it is an offer in Spain provided by the importer) and surely I bought a Redfield.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

one of us
posted Hide Post
Si necesita ayuda para tener algo enviado a usted de aquí, que me haga saber.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by conifer:
Si necesita ayuda para tener algo enviado a usted de aquí, que me haga saber.

Thanks for the offer. Wink

Oscar

I am Spanish

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive got two new ones sitting on the bench that havent been mounted yet. One 2x7 and a 4x12. they seem like they have good glass. the only complaint i have with them and i dont know if it will effect anything yet is the click ajustments seem a bit stiff and mushy.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:
Ive got two new ones sitting on the bench that havent been mounted yet. One 2x7 and a 4x12. they seem like they have good glass. the only complaint i have with them and i dont know if it will effect anything yet is the click ajustments seem a bit stiff and mushy.

I recently bought one of Leupold's VX3's in 1.5-5x.
The elevation adjustment knob was so hard to turn, I thought vise grips were in order. So, I sent it back to leupold for "fixing". It came back and the adjustment problem was exactly as it was when I sent it. I could barely turn then knob. The work order indicated that they had replaced the elevation adjustment.... Frowner

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
I hope that you can repair this problem with the scopes. I will save money to change the scope of my Weatherby and I going to put a Redfield in it. Thank you for yours answers.

Regards,

Oscar.

I am Spanish