New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a Win. 94/22 magnum
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I mounted a vortex 3x7 Crossfire on my 94/22 and it is a disaster. The hammer will not clear if I move either scope or rings and the eye relief and scope position prohibit almost any sight picture. What scope will work for this rifle using Talley rings. Thanks in advance,Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Win 94/22 has a very large drop in its buttstock. I owned one once and found it entirely inappropriate for scope use due to the scope being so high above the stock comb that your cheek could not properly rest on the stock.

My advice would be to use your little "saddle carbine" as it was designed -- with iron sights only.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish my 68 year old eyes would allow open sight, but Father Time says NO WAY! Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Then you'll need to simply get a taller set of rings and probably one of those strap-on comb risers.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I will try using a pad on the comb. I have seen this used successfully before. Thanks for the idea. Jerry Hoover

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive shot low combs and scopes for years, Learned to use scopes on the old pre 64 mod. 70 like most my age, we just never knew better and I never considered fixing a non existent problem..I would stick a Leupold Alaskan on it if I could find one, otherwise a good 3X Leupold or Weaver as a 22 magnum doesn't have the range to require more magnification. Its the ideal turkey, and Javalina rifle btw..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote