New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eotech Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently ordered my first Eotech sight. I have other red dot sights but wanted to put something substantial on my AR. When I see the reticle in the Eotech, it appears to be made of many fine dots rather than a distinct solid line or solid dot in the center. Is that normal? I sent an inquiry to Eotech but have not heard back yet. I was wondering what was the experience of Eotech owners. Thanks.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I do not see that on my XPS 2-0.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
SOmetimes adjusting the brightness makes a difference in the appearance of the reticle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
SOmetimes adjusting the brightness makes a difference in the appearance of the reticle.

Agree.
I have two EOTech sights, and adjust the brightness to make the reticle clear.
The big advantage I see in these sights is no parallax from 22 yards to infinity, and they are tougher than nails.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took the sight off the gun and discovered the height of the sight above the receiver seems to make a difference for me. I think in the normal configuration I may be getting too close to my bifocal line in my glasses.
The Eotech web site explains how the reticle works and in fact the circle is a series of small dots. I guess I just need to get used to it.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes that is normal.

Just adust the reticle to be a little brighter.

Also when shooting do not "look at" the dot, look "through it", if that makes sense.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
EOTech's are not red dot sights. They are holographic sights. I believe they are one of the fastest sight acquisition sights on the market and I have used them on both large bore handguns (S&W 500) and rifles (500NE) since they first appeared on the commercial market. They are a favorite of the USMC and have had many government contracts.

I am just starting to think about mounting one on a Ruger RSM .458Lott. Anybody know of an adapter mount for the Ruger - Weaver style - on the market?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
The pixelation you are seeing is normal for a laser generated reticle.
As someone else said; adjusting the brightness down to the lowest level for the conditions minimises this effect.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote