Notify
Tools

Have you ever had an E-Reticle fail?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
Have you ever had an E-Reticle fail?

E-Dots have been around for quite a while and I find myself increasingly loving them in the general. In all the (limited) shooting I've done with an e-Dot I've never had one fail other than a battery issue. They seem to be remarkably durable. And I'm liking them more and more and more each day.

So, Have you ever had an E-Reticle fail?

Especially in the field?

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
So far I've not owned one but folk on here say the military swear by them.

In years to come one will fail, though, probably because a battery that seemed to last for ever decides to give up just when the shot of a lifetime is offered. Then, as though the heavy sidebars don't exist, there will be panic and lost moments and the critter will run off laughing ... or worse.

For the hunter, like a girl with a newly squished smart phone, there shall be a wailing and a gnashing of teeth - but perhaps not his teeth.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I've used them on tactical rifles for over 30 years and on personal large bore hunting rifles and revolvers for over 24 years. They have travelled to many countries around the world in my TuffPak and I have never experienced a failure. I have had a number of different brands and models over the years and always have a spare battery or two in my gear.

The U.S. military special operators have been using them with great success in combat for many years. All combat forces are now equipped with them as standard issue. If they didn't work under extreme conditions, they wouldn't issue them.

My comments apply only to units in the $200+ class.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had one fail but I must say I am curious why Leupold has such a limited warranty. Their warranty for electronics is only two years. That is quite contradictory to their lifetime optics warranty. Wonder why?

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Yes, the reticle on my Zeiss Diavari failed (which was a General Problem with those scopes) and the Service department was a total Desaster, giving me non-true answers !!!

Having 4 Swarovski scopes (old PV-N style and new Z6i II gen) and never had a failure with them so far...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Taken to absurdity, what can you trust? Can't trust scopes in general (esp. those with erector tubes), can't trust peep sights with cross arms; can't trust express sights 'cause they shoot high when you're in a hurry; can't trust front sights because they get knocked, too, and move in their dovetails.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote