New
Find
Notify
Tools

old Weaver K3 Steel Tube
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any source available that will repair an old Weaver K3 steel tubed scope?? Inherited on on a trade and have a good use for it, but believe one of the lens is loose, broken, etc.
Any feed back would be appreciated and thanks.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weaver Scope Repair Service
1121 Larry Mahan Dr. #B
El Paso TX 79925
Ph: 1 (915) 593-1005

This is the shop that does the repair of original Weaver scopes. it's run by people who were Weaver employees before Olin shut them down.
I've sent three scopes back to them so far, and each time the charge was $75.00 after you sent the scope for inspection and repair. It does take a bit of time getting the scope back as apparently they're busier than hell but I find it well worth the wait. They not only fix the scope but clean the insides and refill it with nitrogen after replacing all the seals. They've done two fix and one variable scope for me and I've been happy with the results.
Paul B.

COMPROMISE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys,they've closed shop and couldn't refer me to anyone else.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just found out that the following place in Canada does repairs on Weaver El Paso scopes.
The guy in El Paso, Frank, who did the repairs, as mentioned above, no longer will accept work.

Trace in Canada

Phil@TraceScopeRepair.ca

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also posted this in Optics section and learned today of source for Weaver Scope repairs. If interested, check it out under Gunsmith section.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote