New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nickel quality ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the quality level of Gerhardt's Nickel Magnum 1.5-6x30?

Is it in the same league as Swarovski,Schmidt & Bender and Ziess? Especially as far as glass and preciscion of manufacture.

Or good but not in the category as the top three Euro scopes?

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only used one Gerhardt scope. I couldnt tell any difference to the Zeiss i own.
If I would grade them it would be like this: Zeiss and Swaro=10 SuB and gerhard at least 9...

Posts: 168 | Location: North of the Arctic circle,in Sweden | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have had a lot of problems with internal mold {yellow colour inside}both Swarovski Bino's and scopes so I now stay clear of them. I love the S&B's and Zeiss but I am also keen to hear about the nickel in 1.1-4, 1.5-6, 1.5-6X33MAG and 2.5-10X48.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen,

Nickel scopes rank right up there along with all the great & good, Zeiss, S&B & Swaro.

IMPO they are outstanding and (many) years ago one of the German hunting press magazines did a scope comparison and a Nickel scope was the winner!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nickel's worth about five cents. *LMAO*

Shoot me! I couldn't pass it up!

jumping