THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    1st test of Pride Powler 3-9X 32 22 LR Rapid Reticle on AR 15 223AI

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1st test of Pride Powler 3-9X 32 22 LR Rapid Reticle on AR 15 223AI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just mounted 1 of these on my AR coyote rig, and it's nothing less than wonderful. 1 piece 6061 aluminum body, fully coated lenses, very low profile tgt. turrets, and 1st FFP "mini Horus Vision" 22 LR BDC reticle (easily adapted to any trajectory though). After zeroing @ 225 shot a 3.5" gp. dead center for elevation @ 425 using 1.7 "stadia units" below center x-hair. Exbal ballistic program calcs right on for elevation. see it and others here-- www.rapidreticle.com

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've got one on a Savage MarkII 22LR. They are sweet and the drop reticle is accurate. I have actually popped a tin can at 200yds with mine. Lots of fun.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree, great reticles IMO.

Steve

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
So what's different on this from the Burris Ballistic Plex reticle, other than the higher price??? Leupold also has a similar reticle , as does Nikon.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
The reticle is calibrated to the .22LR and it's on the 1st focal plane meaning it stay's calibrated through the whole range of adjustment 3X9. You simply range the target with a LRF and put the appropriate hash mark on the target at any power and pull the trigger.

And it works.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1 of the advantages of the PFI system is their precise system of windage reference--something i really like about their reticles. The VH and B&C reticles are also nice as well for this. I also like the 3-9X 32mm's low profile. It's great on a walking rig.

Steve