THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Simmons illuminated reticle scopes - watch out left handers

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simmons illuminated reticle scopes - watch out left handers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
this is whatcha get for not paying attention. i bought a Simmons AETEC scope with an illuminated reticle the other day. i have grown so accustomed to seeing the illumination adjuster on top of the eyepiece that i didn't pay any attention to it on this scope. i brought the scope home, mounted it on my rifle (Rem. 700), bore sighted it, and was putting it in a case when i recognized my mistake.

on this scope, the illumination adjuster is moved to the left side of the eyepiece so Simmons could put their logo on top. well, guess what, the bolt on my rifle wouldn't clear the adjuster. this scope is made for a right hand bolt action only......no lefties welcome. just a bit inconsiderate of Simmons i would say.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote