New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris signature rings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone ever had any problem using the the Burris rings with the plastic Pos-align inserts in cold weather?

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hvy Barrel,

I have the Signature rings on 10 of my rifles ranging in caliber 7mm-08 to 375H&H. The rifles my son and I use for deer, 270 Win and 280 Ackley, are exposed to some pretty “cool†temperatures in winter (Western Pennsylvania, gets down to well below freezing in deer season) and I’ve shot at my range in the winter with a number of rifles with those rings installed…all without any problems or slippage (and I’ve marked the position of the scope to rings to confirm)

When I install the scope and rings I usually very lightly rough up the inside of the inserts with 120 grit sandpaper (basically knock off the shinny finish) and put a small drop of blue Locktite between the insert and the scope once we have determined the correct position of the scope and have the reticle aligned vertical . I’ve been very happy with this style of ring and it seems to have withstood the recoil of my 375 well.

Hope that helps,

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hvy barrel, i also have more than a few , they work great no problems ever works 4 me regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love them.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No experience below 17F, but they work great for me!

Andy

Pray, Vote, Shoot, Reload.

Posts: 315 | Location: Arlington TX | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, a fellow at the range mentioned that while I was sighting in a rifle I had them on. I had not thought about myself, so I figured someone one here would know.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote