Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver K6 - a new one
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Anyone have a Weaver classic K6? I bought one.
Required an extended front mount on the Mauser and even that was a bit short.

Will report back over the weekend.

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put one on a Ruger 10/22 that I overhauled for club shooting. I was impressed with the quality for the price.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I have been using K6 Weavers since 1968 and have really never seen a reason to change.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Clarity= good
eye box = a bit unforgiving
eye relief seemed a bit short (3.25 documented)
eyepiece is not quick focus which makes for a nice slim scope.

I have 3 Vortex 6x scopes. I bought them when they were in the bargain bin. I'm going to do a side by side.

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Weavers for years in Texas and the Bill Weaver family and Dick Shaw were friends of my family..The Weavers worked fine in the warm Texas SW. the older Weavers tended to fog up in damp weather..

The new K series Weavers were a much better scope but they didn't suit me in Idaho where its colder than a well diggers ass and the snow flys, the newer K series had the cross hairs come apart, scopes fogged on me and my Texas friends who came to hunt here, even when left in the gun tent, much less the cook shack...Ive never had a Leupold fog up on me, nor do I know of one that has..I suppose any scope make could fog at some point, don't know.

Maybe the new Weavers work and they sure are clear, but Ive not tested them at 11,000 ft. I went strictly Leupold about 40 years ago after my first year hunting in Idaho..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote