New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver Scope Repair
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well guys, got some bad news for you. I called Weaver Scope Repair in El Paso today and the lady who answered the phone told me that they would not be accepting anymore scopes to repair as they were closing down at the end of the month. She said that they will get those that are in for repair now, fixed and shipped back to the owner.

Posts: 792 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very bad news....

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YEA,REAL BAD NEWS!!!! I just got a V7 back and that makes three scopes they've done for me. Bad part is I'm going to pick up a FREE straight 12x w/AO tonight. Wonder what the problem is? Running out of parts(which I figured would have to happen),not making money(as far as I'm concerned he's been too cheap)? This is NOT GOOD at all!

til later

one of us
posted Hide Post
The lady said that they were running out of parts and it was getting too expensive to have them made and that the quality of the aftermarket parts were variable in quality. Just too much hassle.

Posts: 792 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Frank isn't getting any younger either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems it would be proper for one of the hunting/shooting mags to do an article/interview with Frank as I'm sure it would be VERY interesting. Well Frank,if you read this you ENJOY your well earned retirement.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need my memory refreshed, did not Weaver get bought by i think Simmons or sombody then the CS at Weaver went to the sh!!ter?

Damn shame as I own two Weaver Grand Slams that i use primarly as load development scopes and they have performed flawlessly after 100s&100s of rounds at the .375H&H level of recoil.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You won't have to worry your Grand Slams as the company who bought Weaver from Meade,ATK, says they'll honor the warrenty.
Weaver Scope Repair Service was the only shop that repaired the old steel body Weaver scopes.
By the way, those GS scopes are nice aren't they! I've got a 4.75x40 GS I've never had on a rifle. May put it on a 9.3x62 Mauser when it's done.

til later

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info EP. I will be sticking with Leupold for future scope purchases. Have six and never had to make use of the warrenty, should have but I didnt. I did email Luepold CS 2x with questions and both times got a reply in less than 48hrs, once from the head of CS no less.

I also sent a scope to them to have a reticle changed and the scope came back perfect along with all the written test sheets used to check and recheck the scopes repetable zero.