New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Scopes How good are they?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How good are the Vortex Viper 2.5x10 scopes?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a 6.5-20X44 Vortex Viper on my .243 for a couple of years and have had no problems with it. It returns to zero if I remove it and/or adjust the elevation turret. It has the BDC reticule which I find to be spot on at 20X. I also have a Nikon Monarch and with my tired eyes can't tell the difference between the two.

For the cost, I'd get another if I needed another scope and not look back.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are Vortex scopes made? I too am interested in a Viper HS or PST.

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know where all of them are sourced from, but earlier this year I looked at some Vortex Viper spotter scopes at Cabela's that were made in China.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Philippians - i have a few and no problems with any of them they have good reviews wherever you look

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
geez thats a new way to speel phillipeans even for me, but dats ok cuz i b sush a gud speelr

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I think the source depends on the level of product, the higher you go, the closer to japan they get. My Viper HD binos are japanese and very nice.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
Philippians ...

Sounds good. Maybe we could send them an epistle and ask. I bet they could recommend a tent maker, at least Smiler

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i have 2 Vortex Viper scopes in 6.5-20, both with mildot reticule. i bought the first one just to see if i liked it. i bought the second one because i did like it. REALLY sharp, even at 20x.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13413 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote