New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Weaver Scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a line on an old, steel tube, Weaver scope or two?? I have a Pre 64 Mod 70 coming and thought it would be nice to top it with one of the old Weavers of the time. Power would not be too much of a concern. Help anyone?? Old Weaver rings/bases would be cool also. Thanks

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
watch the classifieds they do come up now and then or put in a want to buy add

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I presently have 4. Two are 4x, on is 2.5 to 7 and another 3-9. What are you looking for?

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Check out http://ironsightinc.com/index.shtml
and click there sales.

Have a Great Day and God Bless

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry,

I had a collection of Pre 64 M70's and did EXACTLY what you are considering. One of the worst mistakes of my rifle decisions. Buy Zeiss Conquest, Leupold, or Nikon or equivilant and enjoy your rifles.

I don't intend to be negative just giving you facts.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have to agree with Buliwyf. Only thing, don't put a Japanese scope on a Pre-64. Maybe not even German, Leupold wins hands down.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with what Larry is doing.
I have seven Rem 722's with period scopes on them.
When I bought the rifles recently, five of them had older steel tube Weaver scopes on them.
Here's one that I have an older Leupold 3x scope mounted on:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. My "new" Pre 64 Mod 70 in .300 H & H is now wearing a Zeiss Davari in 3 X 9 that I had. It's in Warne QD mounts and you can still see the factory sights when the scope is removed. I may still opt for a period Weaver for nostalgic reasons and as the Warne bases are Weaver type could switch it back and forth without much problem.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote