Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold and .416 remington mag.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted
I have break my hold Swaroski in the last Hunting season, my idea is buy one Leupold.
This scope is good for one Ruger N.1 in .416 rem mag or the recoil is too strong!
I fire 30 shot pro year (test and season) of my reloading.
Confused

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
A Leupold will do very well on a .416Rem. I have one on mine and on my .458Lott as well. Never had a problem with either.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold VX-III 1.75X6 on a Winchester model 70 in .416 Rem Mag, In shooting @ 300 rounds with this combo I've not had any problems. A Leupold should work fine for you.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Tank's guy Big Grin

The model VX-I or VX-II is valid ?

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They both have similar optics and hold up well. The VX1 does not have clicks on the adjustments. That seems to be the main difference.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a VX3 illuminated 1.5 X 5 on my 416 Rem. It does just fine.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Ok for the scope model....and for the ring (original mount Ruger N.1).