New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with scope identity please
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
all i know for sure is its a 26mm tube 4x 32mm and the optics are superb. i can look out my window and see objects at 10 feet as crisp as objects at 300 yards. the tube is apparently steel as its a faily heavy feeling scope. i dont have a postal scale so i cant weigh it. the small dial on the top of the turret represents were you are on the entire range of movement.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks just like a S&B that is on a Sako I bought for my Dad in Germany about 20 years ago. That dial on the turret showing where the reticle is in relationship to center is exactly like the one on my 1.5x6x42 S&B that I also bought for myself. I bought it at an Army Rod and Gun Club for $225. Today in the states a new one is over $1200 I think.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uh. that would be great. i can guess that the glass is of the same quality.
i'd sell it for half that. LOL

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It Looks like a IOR to me. I have two of them in 4x32 If it is an IOR, I think that you can get a new one for about $250.00 or so.

Posts: 790 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Looks more like a S&B too me.
Maybe a Hensoldt.

What type of reticle is in it??

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ziess or rather the military styled Hensoldts.

Great optics!!!

/C

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Shmidtch &Bender, thats my choice, i have seen several of them and they are great scopes.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Defenitely manufactured by Schmidt&Bender because they are the only scopebuilders that use this additional feature that shows the adjustment range.

S&B used to produce scopes for other firms that marketed them under a different name.

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any idea as of value? i'd like to sell it and buy a leupold.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 4x36 Schmidt & Bender.The dot on the turrents and the design of the adjustments under the caps look the same.I don't know how all these markings are intact and not the name brand.It sure does look like my scope otherwise.Does it have a circle with a dot on the turrent caps?

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
there was never any place on the scope for a name brand. all the writing is near 100% and the scope is in ex shape.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Schmitd und Bender to me.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the looks of the scope I would say that it was made by Schmidt & Bender for a another company.The best bet to sell would be to sell on classifieds here or on ebay.They have been selling on their in the $500 range.That would be enough for a nice Leupold.Best luck and great hunting.

It's always so quiet when the goldfish die.(Bror Blixen)

DRSS
Merkel 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scopes that look just like that can be found in Shotgun News for about $100.00. They are made in China with a peel off sticker designating the country of origin. Yeah, that's what I said, peel off sticker!

Very European looking too. Word has it that the glass is pretty darn good and was imported from Japan?

They are offered in both 4X and 6X.

Is this an original or a knockoff? I can't tell! bewildered

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote