Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer Scope Bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted
Does the Sauer 90 receiver use the same scope bases as the Sauer 202?

Thanks!

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Is the Sauer 90 the same as the Colt Sauer? According to weaver the 200 and Colt Sauer both use #35 front and rear. not that you'd put weavers on it :-)

The 202 is different.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/mountcharts/default.aspx

Posts: 6447 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
What I would like to do is put a Swarovski Z6i rail scope on it, and it appears I will have to use Warne or Weaver bases and the adapters. In my opinion, this way isn't as "sleek", but it will have to do. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
EAW

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff,

if You want to take a Weaver-adaptor, have a look at this one here - it is just 7,5mm high!

http://titanium-gunworks.de/ti...il-swarovski-sr.html

But if You want any Sauer bases, You could drop me an email - I could send them to You without any doubt, just tell me what exactly You want & need...

Thanks Klaus

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies!

I looked on the EAW website, and their set up is nothing more than their weaver base with an adapter.

Since there seems to be nothing specifically made to mount rail scopes on this gun, I guess I will order a set of Warne bases and use the adapters I already have.

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
EAW makes a swing mount that doesn't use Weavers.

Is that what you are looking for?

Or you could do a Objective ring mount and rail rear.

You should call New England Custom guns and discuss your options. The Objective ring mount and rail rear will be the most expensive.

New England Custom is the biggest EAW dealer in America, and they know how to put them together without ruining the gun, scope, or mounts.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Well, I called NECG this week and got sticker shock after they told me the price of the EAW mounts for Z6. Eeker

I traded into the gun, and I just can't see myself putting nearly $500 in a set of scope mounts on a 30 year old gun. I guess my S&B will just have to work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Use Talleys. They make a base which you can get here

Sauer Talley Bases at Eurooptic

They are $25 for the base and we sell rings for $71.95 in varying heights to match what you need for the scope. Call (570) 220-3159 and ask for Paul...we'll get you sorted out at a reasonable price.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Sullivan:
Well, I called NECG this week and got sticker shock after they told me the price of the EAW mounts for Z6. Eeker

I traded into the gun, and I just can't see myself putting nearly $500 in a set of scope mounts on a 30 year old gun. I guess my S&B will just have to work.

Tell me about it.....I bought an extra set of EAW 30mm rings for my Sauer S-202 and I had to pay 320 $ for it !!! cuckoo

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello
Just use a Warne Maxima scope base and the Swarovski rail adaptor and you are ready( Warne:M902/898).
This is what I used on my Sauer Weatherby Junior:

Regards

Posts: 102 | Location: South West | Registered: 14 July 2006Reply With Quote