New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Finders questions on Leica & Zeiss
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have my choice for a new Rangefinder narrowed down to a Leica CRF 1000-R or a Zeiss Victory 8X26 T.PRF.
If anyone has any experience with these range finder please post your thoughts on them.
I do not want a range finding binocular or any other brand.Thanks for your time.OB Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Leica 1200. When compared to friends range finders, the measurements are comparable. The difference is in the glass. The Leica is much, much clearer, and seems much easier to put the spot on very distant objects.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the Leica 1200 and have been very satisfied. This is actually my second Leica 1200. The first one was defective. I called Leica Service Dept. They said send it in. Within a week after shipping I got a brand new 1200. Great friendly service.
I have never seen the Zeiss rangefinder to compare to so can't help you there But you won't go wrong with the Leica.
The only thing I would trade my Leica 1200 for is the Leica Geovids. But you said you weren't interested in binos.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
What I like most about my Leica CRF is the speed. Measurements come back almost instantly. I haven't used the Zeiss but sure love my Leica!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
I have owned the a Leica and have played with a friends Zeiss. I think the Zeiss would be the way to go

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
I've owned both. The Zeiss is a bit more bulky but much more reliable at ranging long distances. I've ranged moose out to 1600 yards with mine.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote